Friday 7 October 2011

266. Long Haired Lover from Liverpool – Jimmy Osmond (1972)


I remember loving this when I was a four year old and Santa Claus buying me a copy of this single as a Christmas Present!

As a five year old I was impressed by the fact that Santa had managed to get this for me and over the years I played this record so much that I wore it out. Oddly enough I had forgotten about it and it had slipped back into my nostalgic memories of childhood until a DJ played it at the end of the night at a disco I attended a few years ago. That night I was immediately reminded of this song and I rediscovered it, have it on my ipod and have only just stopped playing it to write this note!

I love the happy nature of this song, the contrast between the ‘long haired hippies’ of Liverpool in the 1970s (which probably looked a lot like George Harrison!) and the ‘Sunshine Daisies of L.A’ a city that has a very special place in my heart. 

Love it or loathe it – this was a massive hit in 1972 and deserves to be included in my list of 500 songs!

Enjoy….

No comments:

Post a Comment